Steps to Sell a Used Car in BC
If you are getting ready to sell your used vehicle (car, truck, SUV or motorcycle) in the province of British Columbia there are several steps that must be completed. We have put together this guide for selling your car to make the process as easy as possible.
At Cash for Cars Vancouver we can handle the entire process for you. Just give us a call, send a text or email us. We come to you, we do all the paperwork and pay cash on the spot for all types of used vehicles.
We serve customers across the entire GVRD and Fraser Valley regions.
Steps for selling a used vehicle
1. Gather the necessary documents
You will need these documents:
- Your vehicle’s insurance papers
- The original vehicle registration (photocopies will not be acceptable)
- Please note the the insurance and the registration are actually two parts of the same document (APV250). You need both parts.
- A Transfer/Tax Form (APV9T). You can download the vehicle transfer / tax for here. You can also get a paper one from any Autoplan broker to transfer a vehicle. Please note that original signatures will be required on this document.
2. Prepare your vehicle for selling
See Tips for selling a used vehicle.