Tips for Selling a Used Car in British Columbia
If you are looking to sell a used, car, truck, SUV or motorcycle in the province of British Columbia there are many steps you can take to make this a successful process. These steps will also help you get the most cash for your used vehicle.
Always remember that using a licensed and professional car buying service such as Cash for Cars Vancouver can save you a lot of time and effort when it comes to selling a used vehicle. We simply the used car selling process because we come to you and do all the paperwork. We will offer the highest possible cash payment for you used vehicle and pay you cash on the spot.
Preparing your used vehicle for sale
We have complied this list of steps to prepare your vehicle for sale:
- Research the value of your vehicle by comparing it to other vehicles for sale on auto websites and in newspapers.
- You can ask several mechanics how much they would pay for it.
- Gather all receipts for after-market purchases, maintenance, repairs and AirCare. The buyer may want to look at these.
- Buy a vehicle history report to show potential buyers.
- Have the vehicle inspected at a designated inspection facility. To find one near you, see the list of inspection facilities posted on the B.C. government’s Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement website.
- Wash your vehicle inside and out.
- Make sure you have the necessary documents to transfer ownership.
Advertising and promotion
Ready to put your vehicle on the market? You can get the word out many ways, such as:
- Advertising your vehicle online and in newspapers.
- Putting a For Sale sign in your vehicle.
- Telling your friends, family and neighbours.
- Posting notices at your local community centre, library or university.
Even after you get an offer for your used car give us a call and see what we would be willing to pay for it.
Protect yourself from scams
If you’re inviting potential buyers to your home to look at the vehicle, it’s a good idea to have someone with you.
When you sell, we recommend accepting only cash or a bank draft—not a personal cheque.
With a licensed and professional car buying service you don’t have to worry about potential scams and meeting with strangers to do a cash transaction. We have over 20 years of experience buying used cars throughout the Metro Vancouver and Fraser Valley regions. Our used car buying staff are friendly and professional.