So, when a potential buyer takes your car for a test drive and points out that there’s a pull to one side, it comes to you as a shock. But often times things like this will come up during a private sale because the person buying the car is just looking for a discount. If they can say the vehicle needs an alignment, they are usually hoping that they can convince you to knock a couple hundred dollars off the price.
Don’t fall for it. If you know for certain that your vehicle doesn’t need an alignment, don’t let consumers convince you otherwise. This is where having something done like a preliminary vehicle inspection can come in handy. Because if there really was an issue with your car, it would be present on the inspection papers that you can provide your buyer.
Don’t Get Scammed by Prospects Who Can’t Pay Up Front!
When you’re selling a car for cash, your goal is to get paid the most for it. And if you’re selling a vehicle that isn’t all that old, and has a lot to offer its buyer, you know that the sticker price can be a bit much for some people to pay all at once. However, that’s not your problem. So, don’t make it yours either.
If a person is serious about buying a vehicle, even a used one, they will have taken the time to get the necessary finances in order. Whether they’ve been saving up, got a loan from the bank, or simply came into money some other way; if they are planning to buy a car, they are prepared to pay for it.
If someone asks to make payments on the vehicle that you’re selling, politely decline. The minute you sign those transfer papers, you are surrendering your ownership. Even if they offer you a substantial deposit, don’t agree to a payment plan. Unless you are prepared to sell your car for the amount of the deposit, you can’t count on them to actually pay you the balance owing. Especially if the vehicle has already been transferred into their name.
Pros & Cons of Using an Online Car Buying Service
Many people think the next best alternative to selling a car privately, is selling a car online through a used car buying service. While it may seem is convenient and simple, it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. Yes, you can procure a quick sale, but you won’t get as much as you might think. Plus, online car buying businesses are in the industry not just to buy, but to sell. They will offer you considerably more for your car when you commit to buying a new one from them. And while it might seem like a great deal at the time, there are many hidden fees, higher interest rates, and a bit of run-a-round with getting the new vehicle to you.
Here is our list of pros and cons of online car buying to help you make a more informed decision before you go that route.
- Instant offers on your vehicle
- Less haggling over pricing if you’re willing to purchase a new car from them
- They come to you and get your vehicle to them
- You are paid relatively quickly and in full
- If you’re looking to buy a new vehicle, you can check it out online
- You won’t get as much money for your vehicle, unless you are purchasing a new one from the online car buying company that you’re using to sell your car
- If you are, in fact, planning to buy a car as well as sell one, using a local used vehicle buying service is better than online car buying companies because you can see, and test drive the vehicles first
- Going thru a licensed a local professional is always better because if you use online car buying, any sort of recourse regarding purchase or sales issues are harder to resolve from afar
- If you sell a car to an online car buyer, you aren’t supporting the local economy.
- You have to haggle over the price of your car with a person who is on the end of a phone, instead of in person. You shouldn’t have to haggle at all, but if you’re going to, it’s nice to do it in person. Especially when your vehicle is right there for them to see the value in person. You can’t do that with online car buying.
Make the Smart Choice to Use a Used Vehicle Buying Service in Vancouver
There are so many ways to sell a car in Vancouver these days. The best choice however is thru a used vehicle buying service like Cash For Cars BC.
Our used car buying specialists are all about customer service. They take the time to explain what your vehicle is worth, and why. They also provide in-person vehicle appraisals, so that you can have a real person look at your vehicle before making you an offer on it. That’s one of the biggest differences between Cash For Cars BC and online car buying. Real people, real CASH offers, we come to you, and NOBODY pays more!
Sell My Car Vancouver
If you’ve been putting off selling your car because you think it’s more work than you’re prepared to deal with; STOP! Call our team today and find out why more people in Vancouver choose our used car buying service over any other.
We’ll make you an instant offer upon an in-person appraisal, we come to you, we handle all of the paperwork, and we will pay the MOST cash for your car, truck, SUV, or van in the used car buying industry. Don’t waste your time trying to sell your vehicle privately, and don’t give online car buying the chance to swindle you. Trusts the services of Cash For Cars BC and we promise, you’ll be glad you did!